You may change your mind at any time by following the link to “cookie preferences” on every page of the site. Note that all personal data which is collected will be used as described in our Privacy Notice.
1. Unplug your IQOS when fully chargedOne of the most common ways to wear out your IQOS battery is to overcharge it. So leaving your device in the IQOS charger overnight can end up causing the battery to empty. Even though it’s a bit less convenient, unplugging your IQOS when it’s fully charged is an easy way of keeping battery life longer.
2. Don’t let the battery empty before you recharge itAllowing your battery to empty fully before you recharge it, really reduces its lifespan. Instead, recharge the IQOS after every 20 uses - which, conveniently, is whenever you finish a pack of tobacco sticks.
3. Store IQOS at the correct temperatureIt’s a little-known fact that exposure to high temperatures can damage products like e-cigarettes and IQOS, reducing the lifespan of both the device and its battery. After each use, make sure that you store your IQOS in a cool and well-shaded area. Try not to store your device in very cold places either.
4. Keep your IQOS cleanTo get the most out of your IQOS, clean it regularly using the IQOS cleaner and cleaning sticks - this will keep your IQOS in great condition and will give you a satisfyingly consistent taste.
5. Use it regularlyBy using and charging your IQOS regularly, you won’t allow the battery to drain, which means it will always have the level of power you need for the best heated tobacco experience.
IQOS Battery SafetyWe often see concerns about the safety of e-cigarette batteries on the internet, but IQOS does not fall into this category. All IQOS products undergo exhaustive safety tests before they go on sale. Every material used is tested and assessed, and each component is made to an extremely high level of quality and safety standards.
Even so, nicotine is an addictive substance and the tobacco sticks used with IQOS are not risk free. The best way to reduce tobacco-related health risks is to quit tobacco use altogether. If you’d like more information about IQOS, please see the IQOS FAQs.